Guest Post {Bonn Bonn Boutique}

Apr 15, 2012

Hey there! I am so excited to have my second guest blogger. Meet Bonnie from Bonn Bonn Boutique. Bonnie is so sweet and cute, I'm so glad she is here today! She is showing us how she made the most adorable Lace Flower Headband...

------------------------------------------------

Hey Craftonistas! The other day I was browsing YouTube and I came across this girl who demonstrated how to make a really cute lace flower.  I love lace. It's so delicate and pretty, and I love the way it makes me feel when I wear it.  I didn't watch the entire video, but enough to get the gist, and decided I would give it a shot.

To make this beautiful lace flower you will need the following items:

Lace
I got a spool of it from Michael's in the ribbon aisle. The spool came with white lace about 3 feet long and 1.5 inches wide.

Felt
I'm using white lace, so I got white felt.  You can use whatever color lace or felt you would like though.  Definitely make this your own!

Knit Non-Roll Elastic
 I decided to buy this elastic in the sewing section instead of buying an already made headband. I didn't know if I was going to make a cuff or a headband and I wanted to keep my options open.

Alligator clip
 This is optional. I want my flower to be multi-functional so I did not want to permanently adhere it to anything.  An alligator clip allows that.

Rhinestone embellishment
This is also optional. The flower still looks pretty without it, but my philosophy is the mo' bling the betta!

You will also need scissors, a glue stick, and a pen. I also used the the cardboard piece on the end of the spool of ribbon to cut out the felt circle that the lace will be glued down to.  Do not use this as a template because it's too big.  I had to rip apart my lace flower and almost ruined the entire thing :-/

Lace, felt, scissors, glue gun, elastic, alligator clip, circle template- you can use anything you have laying around the house.  2.5" is the perfect size. Don't forget your pen and sparkly embellishments. if you wish.

Use your circle template to trace onto the felt.

Once you cut out the circle, begin to glue along the perimeter in small sections.  

Continue around the felt circle until you reach the middle.

As you can see the lace flower looks really pretty all by itself.

But like I said, bring on the bling. I went with a green rhinestone.  I love the pop of color that it adds!
Glue the alligator clip to the back of the felt, making sure you don't glue the alligator clip together.  That is totally something I would do!

I decided to make a headband instead of a cuff.  I placed the elastic around my head to gauge how tight I wanted the elastic to fit.  For me that was about 22 inches.  I cut it with scissors and glued it down with a hot glue gun.

I clipped the lace flower to the elastic where I glued the two pieces together and voila, here it is! 
I love it :)


-----------------------------------------


Bonnie, I L-O-V-E it! The green gem is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing!
Be sure to check out her:
{Etsy Shop} {Blog} {Facebook} {Pinterest} {Twitter}